So, you’ve been posting on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for quite some time and you’re slowly gaining followers with little engagement…what to do? I have a secret that’s a sure-fire way to spark social interest for your brand…host a giveaway!
Here are my top 5 favorite social media giveaway ideas:
1. Share-to-enter: This one is perfect for reaching new target markets to generate followers. Running a share-to-enter giveaway is simple. Create a post telling people they need to repost your giveaway post (on Instagram) or Retweet your giveaway Tweet (on Twitter) to enter. Just to note – you can’t do this on Facebook, but you can on Instagram and Twitter because of Facebook’s promotion guidelines.
2. Gift card: Everyone loves getting a gift card. This type of giveaway gives expedited exposure to your brand on social. Before you promote your gift card, decide on how you would like people to enter the contest. Share or “tag a friend” actions deliver results, but you may also want to request email addresses. You can do this by creating an online form for users to easily submit their email as an addition for each entry.
3. Photo contest: Here’s a fun one for your fans. Running a photo contest allows you to collect user-generated content that you can use for future marketing campaigns. For example, you can ask the audience to post a picture in the post comments of their favorite reading spot for a chance to win a book. Be creative with it – you’d be surprised what people are willing to do for a prize!
4. Facebook tab giveaway: A Facebook tab giveaway is custom created and added on a brand’s Facebook Business page to run a contest or giveaway promotion. The tab offers multiple entry passages such as, Visit us on Facebook, Retweet a post, Enter your email address, and more. The more the visitor submits information or performs an action, the more entries they are gaining. A great website that offers this app to create custom contest tabs is Rafflecopter.
5. Tag-a-friend: In this type of giveaway, participants comment on your photo and tag a friend in the comment section of the post. The benefit of the “Tag a Friend” contest is to increase the reach of your brand through your followers.
Hopefully, these different examples of social media giveaways have given you some direction for your next online giveaway. Don’t forget that these contests don’t promote themselves. It’s important to remember to put in effort to get the word out. Whether via website or e-mail list, get as many people as you can to sign up to win and offer something worth entering for!
This post was written by Morgan Williams. Morgan is a Community Manager with Media Connect Partners.