Let’s face it. The times are changing, and with every passing day it looks like more and more of our everyday life is connected to the Internet. If you can do anything from grocery shopping to finding your soul mate online, why should connecting people to God be any different?
Regardless of the size of your ministry, the Internet can give you an advantage that our ancestors didn’t have. By using social media, you get multiple outlets through which you can share the Gospel with people near and far… at virtually no cost. (No pun intended!)
Here are some awesome things social media can do for your ministry:
1) Gospel outreach and awareness. Technology makes it possible for you to easily live stream your sermons online as they happen. Share the link to the live broadcast on
social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more. This generates tons of awareness for your ministry while allowing people to tune in from anywhere in the world.
*Tip: Facebook has great page features like “tabs,” where you can even embed the video files of your past sermons, giving Facebook fans easy access.
2) Fill the need for prayer. Now more than ever people need prayer. Your social media accounts are the perfect place to reach out to people in prayer and connect believers to one another. A few options:
–Create a prayer community onyour website, and link fans to that website from your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
–Want to take it a step further? With Facebook tabs, you can create a prayer community right within your Facebook page.
3) Organize. Social media gives you the perfect way to organize and mobilize your congregation.
Whether you need volunteers for a mission trip or charity, have an upcoming event, or just want to get believers together, an announcement on social media goes a long way.
4) Teach. Between images, videos, and text, you have a variety of ways to share godly information through social media. People then link to, interact, and share your content over and over, spreading God’s message even further.
5) Build a community. When you bring social into your ministry, you’re ultimately creating a second home for your ministry. You create a space where like-minded believers can join together and grow in their spiritual life.
So if you haven’t jumped into the world of social media yet, don’t wait another minute. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain. Establish an online presence and before you know it, when someone needs ministry, they’ll know that they can turn to you to fill that need with the click of a button.